Saturday, April 5, 2008

Happy Birthday RS with an international flare

















We had a Relief Society 166th birthday celebration in the Branch tonight (Saturday April 5) We put on a short program with a script and some hymns, the theme was "A Song of the Heart", I arranged the musical selections, and they almost made me sing it all, but I worked it so that I only sang solo for one hymn, It was all very pleasant. Then we had a dinner where all the sisters brought different dishes from their various cultures and countries: Thailand, Indonesia, Macau (portuguese), America. We then had some entertainment from all the different countries. I sang our national anthem, some did dances like a sweet woman from Africa. My friend Kim who works with me at the Venetian joined us and she sang a christmas carol that is unique to Canada to add to the variety show! Dana, another friend from work joined us too and we had a lovely evening. The food was pretty scrumptious as well! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

fun to see photos and read about your adventures!!