On a quick trip to Vegas, we gathered a fun group and rode the Big Shot at the Stratosphere. I really like roller coasters and prefer them to "car-coasters". It was quite thrilling and different than I had remembered. This time I could keep my shoes on. I guess I felt slightly less vulnerable.
We were all the way up there on the red tip.
After our high in the sky adventure, we enjoyed a delightful treat here. Mom took us there a few times in high school and its apparently quite famous for being a small stand tucked away behind a gas station off of Las Vegas BLVD... I ordered a Jr. Western Special... hot fudge, caramel and pecans-so good. I get it most every time. I enjoyed a few rich bites while sitting on the corner with Randal and Trevor when a scraggly old street comfortable man came over with a grimy vase full of fake flowers. He set the vase in front me and basically asked all three of us, "What can you spare?" Randal made it known that we didn't have any cash leftover and so I extended my custard bowl and said, "Sorry, but you can have this if you like."
He just about lit up like a Christmas tree and said something along the lines of, "Oh boy! Really?! I like ice cream even better than I like women! Thank you! God bless you." And so we traded. He also declared that if anyone bothered us he would take care of them.... He only gave me one of the flowers, but I think it was priceless.
Before we left, Randal asked him his name and got more of his stories.
What is your name?
-Tony the Tiger..... You know what they call me around here? The Godfather. I have 309 Godchildren.............
Oh dear. Typing that out, I find it a bit creepier than I did in the moment. There is more, but that may be Randal's story to tell. I could fill you in if you are really curious and want to call me.
1 comment:
I literally cried on that ride...and I am not joking. I will never do it again!!! So scary! lol. What a fun day in Vegas!
Post a Comment