Sunday, September 20, 2009

Home on the Wasatch Front

After my D.C send off,
my friend Bee from Thailand at my apartment complex in D.C brought back some pastries to share from her trip to NYC the night before my bus to Hershey, PA

I spent a week with Nancy, Anne and Scott at their apartment doing baby things and job searching...

Nancy and Anne took me to the airport in Baltimore, MD so we checked out the Inner Harbor before my flight to UT. It was a HOT day. Little Anne got to sport her hat and we waited a little bit for the fountains to come on, but they had some technical difficulties and we had to head out by the time they got them working.

I flew to UT on good 'ole Southwest
Sometimes its the small things that really do it for me.... the honey roasted peanuts have been a staple flight snack that sadly disappeared for a time. Another great thing about this trip-Julia Olson was on my connecting flight! What a joy to share a flight with a friend! We did the Jumpsart program together in D.C.

My first weekend back I got to hike Mt. Timpanogos with some friends from a former ward and Jesikaa.
Jensen, Danny & J.J.

We started our hike in the middle of the night so we could catch the sunrise from the peak. It was fantastic.



We had some great little finds while descending from that giant peak...


THIS photo gets me every time I look at it. 100%Miracle, 50% chance, 30% camera, 10% my finger (obviously those don't add up).. just enjoy...



The daylight added some amazing sites to our long hike.

I tried to think like these pro-hikers, " I am a mountain goat...".

Natural Design


Jesikaa and I naturally collapsed after 13 hours on the mountain.

My knees were in slight disrepair for the next week, but they got the hang of walking again and have even agreed to help me give tap dance another go.

3 comments:

Pam said...

Welcome Back! We are so glad to have you back in Utah.

Nancy said...

Woah! What a great post! I'm so glad you hiked Timp. What a good thing. I miss you and I think you should blog more.

Beth said...

thanks for posting !! Great photos, too!